Girls Inc. of Chattanooga will recognize nine honorees at the 15th annual UnBought and UnBossed Awards Luncheon, scheduled for April 3 at the Chattanooga Trade and Convention Center. The honorees are:
- Bea Lurie, Women Repair Zone
- Cindy Wilson, Curate MedAesthetics & StyleLoft
- Donna “Elle” Harrison, United Way of Greater Chattanooga
- Helen Pregulman, Philanthropist and community volunteer
- Kayla Verner-Dingle, Tennessee Valley Authority
- Nicci Brewer, Tennessee Valley Authority
- Nicole Koesling, Volkswagen of America
- Rachel Maria Kelly, CHIPS Learning Services
- Rachel Schulson, A Step Ahead
The honorees were chosen by Girls Inc. high school students after learning foundational information about Shirley Chisholm, women’s history, and the traits of leaders.
Community members submitted nominations for women in diverse career fields. Personal and identifying information was removed to allow the girls to base their choice of honoree solely on merit.
Each girl will conduct research and then create and deliver a presentation about her chosen honoree at the awards luncheon.
Source: Girls Inc.